script detection

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jan 28 13:08:15 EST 2002

In article <j4wuy2tvbn.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de>, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> cyclotron at gmx.net (cyclotron) writes:
>
>> How can I fake the browser identification? I couldn't find useful
>> information about it on the net.
>
> RFC2616 describes the HTTP protocol. Of course, the values to put
> into, e.g. User-Agent vary from user agent to user agent, so if you
> cannot come up with anything else, might be best to create your own
> web server, dumping all requests as they arrive from your client
> (BaseHTTPServer does that when you run it as a program).

Or you can run something like Ethereal to capture traffic
between a browser and a server.  Ehtereal knows a bit about
HTTP and does a decent job of displaying the TCP traffic in a
meaningful fasion:

www.ethereal.com

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  On the road, ZIPPY
                                  at               is a pinhead without a