Import site failed, and freezing.

"Håkon= =?ISO-8859-1?q? =?ISO-8859-1?q?Brug=E5rd=22= haakon at fast.no
Mon Jan 28 05:32:04 EST 2002

Hi!

After changing to Python 2.2 I came across a peculiar error.
I have modules in my system which I freeze separately on a
Linux Redhat 7.2 box. However, after switching to 2.2, one of the
modules reports:

"import site failed"

when starting up on another machine than the one it was
frozen on..(still Redhat 7.2, though)

When I freeze the module, I see that site.py is reported frozen,
but, alas, I still get the error msg.

I know that site.py is something that is pre-imported by the
interpreter, so it shouldn't be something in the code, right?
But why do the other modules not report this error then?

I'm really really puzzled, so any input would be greatly
appriciated.

Cheers,
Håkon