Semantic analysis of one response (was Re: Autocoding project proposal.)

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 20:13:38 EST 2002

>I think Timothy has an idea that would make computers
>much easier to use, but he's making one or more of the following
>mistakes:

You forgot:

"Not realizing that many of the denizens of these newsgroups
are computer scientists engaged in active research efforts of
various kinds, including research into the field of computer
science per se, and that coming to this table with an attitude
of superiority and without at least somewhat having investigated
the prior art is more than a little bit of a mistake."

Try working in a real scientific discipline for a while and
making the mistake of reporting a possible discovery early only
to later disappoint all involved. _That_ won't be a mistake that
one makes twice, believe me.

Which brings the snake back around quite properly to its tail.
That's what I was trying to say in my prior message. In the
field of "new, innovative, and world-changing-class discoveries
and devices" a lot of prudence and a lot of "show me!" are
required.

C//