What does Python fix?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Jan 17 12:17:56 EST 2002

aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:
> The "intolerant" clause I get, but not "too conservative"; Lisp is one
> of the oldest computer languages.

Yeah, but most programmers these days will have cut their teeth in a C
or C-derived environment, such as Unix or Windows, and therefore
expect a C-like syntax.  Lisp has seniority, but I doubt most people
come in contact with it, especially for real programs as opposed to
trivial factorial-computing examples.  (Getting my CS degree at
McGill, I used Scheme in only one course; everything else was Pascal
or C.  Plus a class project that was a Python extension...)

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
I'll explain it to you another time, when I've got about two weeks to
spare.
    -- Romana, in "The Armageddon Factor"