Autocoding project proposal.

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 06:15:54 EST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:44:37 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote:

>It is a core configuration of functionality to be accessable to the
>typical computer end user.

Acessible via a GUI (like a file manager)? Or via the command line (like
grep, cat, sort etc)? Or both?

> And done so in a manner that allows those who
>use it to automate things already existing, in a dynamic manner.

Like with Unix pipes?

>The general descripting of the nine actions is not going to change. and
>the logic of how the functionality is configured and carried out to it's
>logical conclusion is what it is.
>
>I suppose this is what makes it so different and in turn, hard to
>understand by the typical programmer mindset.

You should lose the big chips you have on both shoulders. Your remark
comes across as meaning "Typical programmers are stupid and thus don't
understand it, but I with my superior intellect do understand it".

Perhaps that is not what you meant; in which case it is even more
appropriate for you not to come across in that way.

Furthermore, why should anyone help you if you insult them?

>There is the problem of communicating it to others. But it's an unusual
>problem. Non-programmers can grasp the nine actions far easier then the
>programmer mind set,

Again this is "programmers are a stupid elite".

>yet the programmer mindset tends to preceive it in
>terms of the programming languages that most currently is on their minds.

Well I am sorry that I don't have your sublime wisdom and thus can only
understand things in terms of Unix shell, Python, C++, C, PHP, Java,
Lisp, Awk, Perl, etc.

>There seems to be some problems along the lines of deprogramming. As old
>style auto manufacture employees were harder and more expensive to retrain
>than train totally new workers.

Put me out to grass then. Or send me to the knackers yard.

--
===== Philip Hunt ===== philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk =====
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,