New online index to Beazley's tutorials

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Mon Jan 7 14:16:02 EST 2002

"Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in message
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 09:56:43PM -0500, Ronald D Stephens wrote:
> > Hmmmm, yikes it shows up good to me on both an old Netscape and newer
I.E.. I will try to figure it out and also get jeery c working
> > on it. Thanks for the bug report !
> > >
> > >    Two frames with error 404 in both of them :(
>
>    I see the problem - too much Javascript. I use a browser without
> Javascript, but with frames. Can you and/or your friend to rewrite the
> thing and make it useable for JS-less browsers? (links/lynx/w3m).
>    I am not against Javascript, but in my not so humble opinion every site
> that uses JS should provide a lighter version without JS. I know it's
hard,
> but I do it all the time (I am professionl web programmer).

not quite right.  every site that the user pays for as a service should
provide a usable interface or be willing to give a refund.  browsers are
free. you can download a more up to date one from www.mozilla.org. 'jeery c'
was more than gracious with his time.  if a user is unwilling to enable
javascript, that user does not *deserve* a javascript free version.  if a
non-javascript user wants to create a competing version, they are free to do
so, but it seems unfair to demand it of others.

you may do it all the time, but as a professional, you are paid to make your
interface usable to a particular client.  jerry c seems to have invested a
huge amount of time, and he made a nice index.  feel free to improve it
yourself, or to ask him nicely, but suggesting that he *should* have done
anything seems wrong.

doug