convert python to java code

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Jan 7 05:15:56 EST 2002

"Gordon Hollenbeck" <ghollenbeck at murtos.com.SPAM> wrote in message
news:3c3911ee at sys13.hou.wt.net...
> Hello all!
>
> I was reading an article on the net and someone said that he writes in
> python to save time and converts it into java code...  Does anyone have
any
> resources on how to do this??

www.jython.org

When you compile Python source into a .class with jythonc, .java sources
(not meant to be readable nor at all usable, of course) are left around
as a by-product.  You could use those to meet some formal contract
requirement about "delivering Java sources" to a customer.

For actual use, of course, the .class compiled JVM-bytecode file is
all you need, and your maintenance will be on the .py source anyway.

Alex