Running commands on remote machines

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 15:02:11 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm working on a program to do release work on our servers, which
means moving files around on various machines and running commands on
those servers (tar, mv, etc.). How could I do this in Python? Should I
use telnetlib or popen or something else? I'm trying to use telnetlib
right now and not having much luck sending commands to the remote
machine and looking at the results. I want to have a Python program
send a list of commands to the remote machine and then look at the
results of those commands using string comparisons.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated,
Thanks,
Doug Farrell