Python2.2 and pydoc

Paolo Cantore paolo.cantore at t-online.de
Tue Jan 8 16:23:59 EST 2002

Hi all,

with the new final release 2.2 of Python I'm having problems using the
pydoc utility. It raises an error 'unsupported address family' in the
socket module.

When I change the source module socketmodule.c with the source module from
Python release 2.2a1 all works fine with the newly created _socket.so
library.

But: This applies to my office system only, at home I didn't have this problem.
Is there anyone who encountered the same problem?
Is it a problem with the configure step?

Help appreciated!

winking-and-waiting-ly yours
Paolo