Python to Java converters?

emp epovazan at NO-SPAM-ME-telus.net
Thu Jan 17 16:54:13 EST 2002

Hello,

Since discovering Jython, most of my development has switched from Java to
Python. However the core of the app remains Java for performance reasons.
I can see that I will need to port some more code back to java for
performance reasons, but I still find it worth my time to work in Python and
port ... it's simply faster and so much fun :)

But porting is boring. Before I start writing a tool to automate most of the
work, is there anything out there that already does a reasonable conversion
of Python to Java? Any other Jython users out there that think such a tool
would be useful?

Thanks
-Ed