Python and OpenGL

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Jan 9 23:19:38 EST 2002

(Apologies if this shows up double, first post seemed to fail)

Basically, you want PyOpenGL:

	http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/

It has contexts available for wxPython, FxPy, Tkinter, PyGame, GLUT, and
(I believe) PyQt (though I've never tested that). (Tech Note: most of
those GUIs actually provide the window themselves, PyOpenGL just lets
you use OpenGL calls to draw in the windows the GUI provides. The
exceptions are Tkinter and GLUT, which are provided by PyOpenGL because
the first doesn't include an OpenGL window by default and the second is
part of the OpenGL suite of tools).

<shameless> If you're a beginning OpenGL programmer, you might want to
try my OpenGLContext module available at the same site.  Which provides
lots of sample code, simplified contexts for PyGame, wxPython and GLUT,
and a simplistic set of scenegraph nodes.</shameless>

Hope that helps,
Mike

--
   Mike C. Fletcher