asp script

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Jan 29 07:35:41 EST 2002

Ilshat Iliasov wrote:

 > i have installed Python 2.2 final and win32all 146 and tried to run .asp
 > examples
 > containing python scripts. All Scripts execute only once, the first time
 > they run.
 > Refreshing asp-page produce nothing.

you are absolutely right. There is a bug in that build of win32all. I
know that Mark Hammnond is on it.

It was probably caused when fixing the security hole in win32all that
made it possible to read the content on a harddrive from an arbitraty
webpage.

 > If i save asp files with new file time - they run, but again only once.
 > Under ActivePython 2.2.0 Alpha everything works perfectly.
 > Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Wait until a new build of win32all, or install Python 2.1.2 and win32all
build 140.

Probably if you put the file:

<Python>\win32comext\axscript\client\framework.py

from win32all build 140, on top of the corresponding one in build 146 on
Python 2.2 it will also work.

regards Max M