Parsing complex web pages safely with htmllib.HTMLParser

montanaro at tttech.com montanaro at tttech.com
Thu Jan 24 06:54:12 EST 2002

    Paul> Of course, what we all really need is for XHTML to come into
    Paul> widespread use, so that we can consign broken HTML to history.

I'm not sure how XHTML will solve the problem.  Instead of broken HTML we'll
have to contend with broken XHTML.  Browser manufacturers will still attempt
to do something reasonable with syntactically incorrect pages, thus making
it unlikely that people will fix them...

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)