embedding python in a multi-threaded C++ application

YonghiChoi cyh at blashnet.com
Thu Jan 17 01:52:49 EST 2002

lukas wrote:

> What are the issues in having a C++ thread calling python?
> Is there any documentation about:
>
> - embedding python in C++ app?
> - multithreading issues in python when embedded in C++?

You should look carefully python C API document.

And newsgroup archive can help you too.

In Linux Journal May 2000, there was a document 'Embedding Python in
Multi-Threaded C/C++ Applications' written by Ivan Pulleyn.

To my experience with python 2.1, embedding python multi-threaded C++ app

is not difficult.

But multiple Py_Initialize()/Py_Finailize() in multi_threaded app does
not seem to work.