OT again... is there an IMAP expert in the house?

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:47:26 EST 2002

Quoth "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com>:
| "Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> wrote ...
|> "Donn Cave" <donn at u.washington.edu> wrote ...

say that, or anything quoted in his post.  Please don't do that.

| The more I see about the requirements, the less I think that email is an
| appropriate medium to satisfy them. It seems to be a requirement for low
| costs that drives the project in that direction.

I don't know if email per se is necessarily unsuitable, not knowing
enough about the project.  Not many email data stores will be up to it,
though, and the ones that are won't be cheap.  I'd go NNTP first, but
I don't know how much NNTP server software there is out there.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu