How to disable USB?

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at csu039.cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Jan 12 16:43:26 EST 2002

Hello...
I've got a small problem. I cannot boot into Linux anymore (I am running Mandrake 8.0). The system hangs on loading the USB module.  How and where do I disable it?  I can still boot into WinBlows, but all of my REAL work is done on Linux.  What could be causing the problem?  I did play with the hardware a bit just bofore that happened - I removed the floppy drive.  The computer boots into WinBlows without any problems, I just have problems with Linux.
If this helps, my motherboard is from Asus, model A7v. I have nothing using USB at the moment, so I don't mind just disabling it.  If there is a better solution - letting me know would be appreciated.  The system DID work before I messed with the hardware...
Grzegorz

--

Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts.
		Wayne H.

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.
               	*Anonymous