Tkinter & misc. questions

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Fri Jan 11 16:01:03 EST 2002

On 10 Jan 2002 15:37:22 -0800, Lemniscate <d_blade8 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi everybody,
[snip a question I can't answer]
>     The next question is a bit off-topic but I figured you guys and
>gals are the ones to ask.  I'm looking for a webhosting service
>(actually my wife is, she has a geocities account that is always being
>locked out because she exceeds the monthly transfer quota).  Any
>recommendations.  I've looked around at some reviews, but I trust
>personal reviews more than review articles.  Thanks.

Well, I can't speak to your Tkinter question, but I've been quite happy
with Cubesoft (http://csoft.net/), who host my website. Their service
plans range from $5 per month (100Mb of space) to $25 per month (1 Gb of
space), and they have no monthly transfer quotas. (Although they do
mention that if your site is using up excessive bandwidth they'll
contact you about moving it to "a more appropriate server", whatever
that means...) Anyhow, csoft.net runs on Linux and the *BSD's, and
provides SSH access to a shell account.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with csoft.net, just a
satisfied customer.

--
Robin Munn
rmunn at pobox.com