Generic error handling

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at csu039.cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Jan 12 20:14:09 EST 2002

Hello...
I am faced with working with a project in python where some of the code is loaded from a database.  When I get an exception from such code the initial line shows ??? as the original source.  Is it possible to
a) include some info for traceback to show
b) catch the errors in a general way (no matter where they're execuded from) at an application level?

I am looking for something what Tkinter does.  How did they manage to get their own window to appear instead of dumping text to console??

Thanks for all your help.
Grzegorz

--

Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts.
		Wayne H.

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.
               	*Anonymous