How easy is it to create graphical user interface with Python?

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Mon Jan 21 10:03:26 EST 2002

 > How easy is it to create graphical user interface with Python?

So easy that even *I* can do it!

Seriously, it's quite easy, although if you've never written a GUI
application in any language then you'll probably have a bit of a
learning curve just understanding how such things are put together. Many
people stumble on the concept that the library provides a "main event
loop" which invokes thier code rather than their code invoking the library.

But past that point and you're home free. I've used wxPython and it's
really quite easy to understand, and comes with nice example programs. I
understand that Tkinter is OK also, although I liked wxPython better.
Give it a try... I think you'll find GUI's aren't too difficult. Just
start by following the examples (in whichever library you choose).

-- Michael Chermside