Fix for problem importing modules in packages in Pymacs.py (0.12)

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Tue Jan 1 03:42:22 EST 2002

The point being recursing to the "lowest" level to get the actual
module.

This fixes the problem I was having with importing modules like
Emacs.extensions.

>From pymacs.py, first is new code, second is original 0.12 version

***************
*** 168,183 ****
  	    try:
  		if directory:
  		    sys.path.insert(0, directory)
!                 # if the module_name is of the form package.module
!                 # then the return value of __import__ is the package not the module
!                 def my_import(name): # fix copied from the python library documentation
!                     mod = __import__(name)
!                     components = '.'.split(name)
!                     for comp in components[1:]:
!                         mod = getattr(mod, comp) # get the next package or module
!                     return mod
!                 object = my_import(module_name)
!
  	    finally:
  		if directory:
  		    del sys.path[0]