JavaScript considered harmful

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 8 12:16:32 EST 2002

    AMK> unsophisticated users won't go disabling cookies anyway

    Oleg> For them there are corporate policies and corporate
    Oleg> proxies/firewalls.

I don't run a proxy/firewall at home, nor do we have a family policy about
cookies (although my 12-year old has recently taken a liking to Trader Joe's
Chocolate Cat cookies).  I'm the only person in my family that could be
considered "sophisticated" in the sense Andrew used it.  Cookies are often
used outside of corporations, and the risks, while of perhaps smaller
absolute magnitude (on a case-by-case basis) than those of Fortune 500
companies, are no less important.  Browsers that manipulate cookies need to
provide sensible default behavior.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)