Newbie Questions

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Jan 16 14:07:04 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1011193830.26674.python-list at python.org>,
maximilianscherr <MaximilianScherr at T-Online.de> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>is it possible to switch to different applications and send keyboard
>inputs to the os?
			.
			.
			.
I gather you're operating under Windows.

Yes and no.  I don't find the question coherent.  I think
you're asking for something like this:  you launch a Tkinter
application.  It has an associated console which prompts for
statements.  Now, you want to create a different application
which will send input to the console?

There's actually a technical possibility for achieving that--
but it's far more difficult than I think you intend.  What do
you *really* want?  Are you really just after a convenient
interprocess communication (IPC) method, and not entirely com-
mitted to seeing statements in an distribution console?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net