Python like the old-time batch files.

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Thu Jan 31 17:34:29 EST 2002

"MDK" <mdk at mdk.com> wrote in message
news:<a3bhcf$176195$1 at ID-98166.news.dfncis.de>...
> I was thinking back to years ago when I wrote batch files and I was able
> make these real nice double-line borders, change the color of things, and,
> one of my favorite things, move the cursor up, down, left, or right in
order
> to write text or put lines anywhere.
>
> In Windows when I double click on a Python.py file it runs in a DOS-like
> box.  Is it possible in Python to make those neat double-line borders,
> change colors, and move the cursor to the exact position you want?
>
> Thanks.

The borders I'm not sure about, but my WConio module can handle the rest.

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/wconio.html

If anyone knows about drawing lines and boxes in a Windows Console and
is willing to illuminate me, I'll add support to WConio for that also.

Good luck.