HList anomalies

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Wed Jan 30 15:30:08 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:39:22 -0500, David DeGeorge <dld at degeorge.org>
wrote:

What OS and version of Python?

>I am trying to use the HList widget and I'm starting with the example in
>Demo/samples  directory called Tree.py. Out of the can the example doesn't
>work as one (I) might expect in that when I close a directory and then
>reopen it I get Tcl error because the entries already exist.

The Tix demos shipped with Python 2.2 are broken.

I submitted a patch two months ago, it still hasn't been fixed.
I'll log your bug on python.sourceforge.net, but until someone
gets around to ixing them, you can use the fixed demos off
http://tix.sourceforge.net/ in either Python 2.1.x or 2.2.x

Mike