NEWBIE: Confussed about Python!

Max Adams RubberDucky703 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:31:06 EST 2002

Thanks, That was quick.

So there are libraries to access MySQL and MS Access?  I assume that only
the latter would work under windows. - Can these both be used together in
the same script.  From what you have said I see no reason why not - correct.

So it would be feasible for a client running Linux to connect to a NT web
server over port 80 and then using the python CGI script pull data from both
databases (say list tables in a MySQL db and a MS Acc DB [using ADO i
assume]).  Would this work?

Most of what you have said (although useful) is stuff i though was related
to perl.  How is python different to perl?  Are the two miles apart? - i'll
look through google but i would still appreciate any other input.

Like i said a very good and quick answer.  Thanks

news:1zD08.16693$k87.1449672 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com...