error when importing

Arno Baan a.baan at fokkerspace.nl
Wed Jan 23 07:40:42 EST 2002

Hi I have the following code:

static PyMethodDef EmbMethods[] = {
        {"getSchedParamValue", emb_getSchedParamValue, METH_VARARGS, "Get
parameter value."},
        {NULL, NULL, 0, NULL}
};

void main(){
	PyObject * pdict, * pmod;
	Py_Initialize();
	Py_InitModule("emb", EmbMethods);
	pdict = PyDict_New();
	PyDict_SetItemString(pdict,"_builtins_", PyEval_GetBuiltins());

	PyRun_SimpleString("import emb\nprint emb.getSchedParamValue(10, 'freq',
'string')\nprint 'SimpleString'");
	PyRun_String("import emb\nprint emb.getSchedParamValue(10, 'freq',
'string')\nprint 'SimpleString'", Py_file_input, pdict, pdict);
	Py_Finalize();
}

wich according to me should import a function I've written in C++ and call
on it through the python interpreter.
The problem is, this works with the PyRun_SimpleString function, but not
with the PyRun_String function.
I need the python interpreter to be able to return a value after doing some
calculations using the C++ function and
i understand that this is not possible using te SimpleString function.
Can someone help me please?

greetz arno