Please help with python and "curses"!

Antaeus Feldspar feldspar at cryogen.com
Tue Jan 29 04:28:08 EST 2002

Joseph A Knapka <jknapka at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3C555B1A.1AFD556C at earthlink.net>...

> Antaeus Feldspar wrote:

   [...]

> Reverse these calls.

> > secondwin.refresh()

> > stdscr.refresh()

> refresh() appears to redraw the entire window, ignoring subwindows.

> This is not very useful :-)

Thanks!  I think I understand it now, including why I misunderstood it
before.  The tutorials I was reading stated that before anything would
show up in a window, the window had to be refreshed.  My first few
curses programs, in which I only had the one "stdscr" window object,
showed this to be not true -- things were showing up without
refresh().  I think this caused me to get confused about when
refresh() really was needed.

-jc