Book Royalties (was: win32all-141 for Python 2.2)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Jan 4 00:46:42 EST 2002

In article <a12cqf$bai1 at news1.gtech.com>,
Peter Milliken <peter.milliken at gtech.com> wrote:

>Interesting - but where is the incentive for the author i.e. $2 per book
>isn't going to make you a millionaire anytime soon (500,000 books? :-)).

The incentive for most authors lies in charging $1000-$5000/day for
running training classes (being the author of a well-known book increases
either or both of the pay scale and opportunities for training) or in the
egoboo (ego-boosting) of being a published author.  That's about it.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

Pretty soon, cell phones will be so small we won't know who's crazy.