why is os.getcwd() printing the path in all caps on win2k?

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 22 04:36:00 EST 2002

sameer || Mon 21 Jan 2002 10:44:38p:

> can anyone tell me why os.getcwd() prints out the path in all caps on
> win2k at least?  e.g.
>

> ActivePython 2.1.1, build 212 (ActiveState)
> Python 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32

Maybe because the path really IS all uppercase, and windows is hiding it
from you in other cases? In 98, from exploerer window, menu view, item
folder 'options', tab 'view', set 'files and folders', option 'allow all
uppercase names'. You have to enable this and disable 'hide file
exentions for known types' to prevent windows from hiding anything from
you. (Well, it always hides .lnk and .pif extentions i think).

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: <nothing>