VIM - python errors after upgrading to Python 2.2 (Windows OLE)

Giuseppe Bilotta oblomov at freemail.it
Wed Jan 30 10:16:02 EST 2002

Jonathan Hogg wrote:

> I believe that VIM embeds a Python interpreter into itself if it is compiled
> with Python support. It will still have the 2.1 interpreter compiled in,
> which will now be very unhappy that the 2.1 library has disappeared on it. I
> think you will need to recompile VIM pointing configure at the new 2.2
> install.

:version tells you if python is compiled in or if it loads an external
library (+python/dyn means it loads the external library). Even in the
latter case, though, it looks for a specific version of the library
(in the compile options of version you'll find:
 -DYNAMIC_PYTHON_DLL="python21.dll").

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Axiom I of the Giuseppe Bilotta