To all Higher Level....A True Beginner

Stephen L Arnold sarnold at arnolds.dhs.org
Tue Feb 5 22:30:51 EST 2002

On 5 Feb 02, at 18:21, David Pham wrote:

> Hey! Everyone!, I like to know if any of you programmres
> recommend any books, online tutourial for myself, or anyone else
> that is a beginner. I am a beginner programmre. Chose Python
> cause heard it can do a lot of things. But never have programme
> before. So I home you guys can put out some help. The only
> language I have tried out is probably Qbasic and VBdos thats all,
> but nothing came out. --

Not surprising...  But this topic rightly belongs on the python-
tutor list, rather than the regular python list.

However, if you head to the main python.org site and go to the
Newbies documentation page, there are links to several good
tutorials and even freely downloadable books.  I'd recommend
starting with the book "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist" in
Python.  There are several other sources of example code, etc, but
I can't think of a better way to start (from where you're at) than
with the above book.  You were made for each other...

Steve