Major league corruption - anyone seen anything like this?

Fernando Pérez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Wed Feb 13 00:36:28 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Fernando> - what filesystem are you using?
>
> ext2.

One idea: why don't you remount it as ext3 and try to trigger the condition
again? ext3 is supposed to have a lot of internal safeguards that go off when
'wrong' things happen to the filesystem. Of course, it might be that as far as
the filesystem is concerned nothing 'wrong' is happening (that is, your
process is somehow writing junk but well within the boundaries of its
permissions). But it might help, or provide some extra info.

> [snipped..]
> Oh well, I'll launch myself back into the fray tomorrow and see if I can
> figure anything else out.

Well, I'm curious. Let us know what the final solution is if/when you find
one. Good luck!

f.