OT again... is there an IMAP expert in the house?

Eduardo Chappa chappa at math.washington.edu
Tue Feb 5 02:42:54 EST 2002

*** Chris Gonnerman (chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net) wrote in...:

:) > This is not a problem about the protocol you are using to read your
:) > folder. IMAP is the way that you communicate to the server. The way
:) > that the mail is stored in the server is the relevant point here. For
:) > example, the default for the UW server is unix, and unix (format)
:) > does not allow concurrent access to a mailbox. If you use the UW
:) > server, and you use mbx format, then you can have concurrent access
:) > to your folders. Convert your folders to mbx format and you'll be
:) > done.
:)
:) Tried that, didn't work.  I was using Netscape 4.75 as one client,
:) Outlook Express as the other, and concurrent deletion (even with
:) expunges) just didn't work.  Outlook Express never seemed to notice
:) Netscape doing deletions, and I couldn't get Outlook Express to
:) properly expunge without closing it.

Just to be sure you did that. What are the first characters of the first
line of the folder that you want to share?

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/