entries between labels dynamically

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri Feb 15 15:01:29 EST 2002

Artur Skura <arturs at iidea.pl> wrote in
news:slrna6qsm2.bob.arturs at aph.waw.pdi.net:
> Mmm, I don't know what's wrong, but after adding longer entries I
> got a result like this:
> http://7bulls.com/~askura/awt.png
>
> It's not what it's supposed to be, the second part got lost.
> What is more, I will need to compose dialogs with much more text
> (whole paragraphs). The software is for kids, they will have to
> insert correct word into the text entries.
> Seems I will have to calculate everything anyway...

lines can be built with a vertical layouter either by writing
one yourself (i could send you some code for that) or by using a
GridLayout of panels. (a vertical layouter can be found in JStruct
on my page: http://geocities.com/chrisliechti/en/java/index.html.
that program was an experiment and is unfineshed, but you can easily
try out swing and dynamic layouting...)

too long lines get wrapped around with FlowLayout the missing data is
maybe below? your window look a bit wide, have you resized it?

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>