mxODBC, stored procedure syntax

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Feb 8 16:56:29 EST 2002

"François Lepoutrre" wrote:

> As far as i understand it there is currently
> no support for returning params from
> storedprocedures at the moment.

There is: let the stored procedure generate a result
set (or a temporary table) and then fetch the data
using the standard .fetchxxx() methods.

> I understand it is on their "to-do" list.

There will be direct support for .callproc() in
mxODBC 2.1 and support for output parameters is
planned for version 2.2.

> I'll like the support for odbc to be extended
> to quite a lot of other things...

Please post these to the egenix-users list ... we'll
see what we can do.

> But odbc works - simple and stable.
>
> That makes python useful of us.
> Many thanks to M.A Lemburg :)

Thanks.

> François
>
> cb921 wrote in message ...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have been trying to connect to an MS SQL Server via ODBC using mxODBC.
> >It's all working, but calling of a stored procedure is causing problems.
> >Without any syntax worries, it looks like:
> >
> >cr.execute("{call storedprocedure('cellnr','passwd')}")
> >
> >and it should return me two output parameters, in the example (not Py :)
> code
> >I've seen we call this @DATABASENAME and @ISNOM.  How do I retrieve those
> >values?  So far all I've managed is a flock of errors.
> >
> >Anyone who can help me, even an insignificant bit, thank you...
> >
> >Cheerio,
>
> --

Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH