threads killing other threads

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Feb 8 10:45:04 EST 2002

In article <a40h4g$kl5$1 at newsreader.mailgate.org>,
Les Smithson  <lsmithso at NOhare.SPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm sure there's a good reason for Python not implementing this. Anyone
>know what it is?

Yes.  It doesn't work.

Oh, sure, there's a long technical explanation of how arbitrarily
killing threads leaves processes in various kinds of weird states, but
it all boils down to, "It doesn't work."  That goes double for any kind
of cross-platform facility.  Note that Java has pretty much abandoned any
pretence that it can provide this capability.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"We should forget about small efficiencies, about 97% of the time.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil."  --Knuth