Wierd traceback from threading module

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Thu Feb 28 22:48:57 EST 2002

Here is the entire traceback:
"""
Unhandled exception in thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python22\lib\threading.py", line 423, in __bootstrap
    self.__stop()
  File "D:\Python22\lib\threading.py", line 429, in __stop
    self.__block.notifyAll()
  File "D:\Python22\lib\threading.py", line 242, in notifyAll
    self.notify(len(self.__waiters))
  File "D:\Python22\lib\threading.py", line 224, in notify
    me = currentThread()
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
"""

I'm not doing *anything* with the threading module except starting a daemonic
thread.  This traceback occurred as the program was shutting down -- the main
thread would probably have already finished.

Is this a bug or am I doing something silly?

Please CC replies to me, as I'm not currently subscribed to the list/newsgroup.

-Andrew.