I wish.............

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Feb 11 17:59:56 EST 2002

Michael Chermside wrote:
>  > .....that we quit calling Python as CPython.
>
> However, most of the time when people say "Python" meaning "CPython"
> there isn't any confusion, so I don't really mind. But using the terms
> properly helps people keep in mind that things like Jython (and Pippy,
> and a few other implementations out there)

Just to be clear, I believe that Pippy is a port rather than an
implementation.  It is a port that has ripped the guts out of the
implementation (for size purposes) but that is still a port :)

The only implementations I am aware of are CPython, Jython, Vyper and
Python for .NET.  I also understand only the first 2 of them are
currently viable.

Mark.