Python Gotcha with Octal Numbers

jmfbahciv at aol.com jmfbahciv at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 05:44:42 EST 2002

In article <3C6DA497.9AB8D624 at ev1.net>,
   Charles Richmond <richmond at ev1.net> wrote:
>jmfbahciv at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>      [snip...]     [snip...]     [snip...]
>>
>> I do have two memoes that I found in my office boxes that were
>> addressed to PDP-1 users.  I don't know the people who wrote
>> them (Roland Silver, Edward Fredkin) nor where they were.
>>
>>      [snip...]     [snip...]     [snip...]
>>
>> Well, if you can give me a clue about these memoes that I have, I'd
>> appreciate it.
>>
>Ed Fredkin is semi-famous. He was mentioned prominantly in David
>Levy's book _Hackers_. He also invented some data structures that
>are used today, notably the "trie".

I don't know what a "trie" is, but I do (make that, did) have
the _Hackers_ book.  I don't know where these memoes came from.
I guess there was a reason for making us put a logo on top of
all memoes after all (I take back all of the swears I said back
then).

Now I'll have to see if I can find my _Hackers_ book.  I neated
my library so that all of my books were in one place.  I wonder
what book I'll have to look for in order to have _Hackers_ pop
up in front of me.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.