Autocoding evolves from........

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Feb 8 03:04:27 EST 2002

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> those of us who are smart enough to see it and can look it straight in
> the eye, but deliberately suppress the knowledge because we'd be out of
> a job. We'll call this the 'evil' category.

well, I'm sure lots of people agree that US Military could qualify
as "evil", but it's not exactly like they're suppressing the know-
ledge:

http://www.mcci-arl-va.com/techpape.htm

    "[the] Autocoding Toolset automates generation of
    production quality, thread-safe, multi-tasking, multi-
    threaded application code for parallel architectures.
    The Autocoding Toolset is commercially available now
    The Autocoding Toolset is the result of an effort to
    port military automatic code generation technology to
    COTS processors funded under the DARPA-sponsored
    RASSP program and commercialization under a Navy
    SBIR."

</F>