web proxy in python?

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Fri Feb 8 03:11:24 EST 2002

Anyone got a nice client side web proxy written in Python?  Something
along the lines of junkbuster or the j-marshall.com perl proxy, maybe.

I want to a set a proxy that does a fair amount of site-specific html
personalization.  For example, if I click a someone's link to a
nytimes.com article, I want my browser to go directly to the "print
version" of the article instead of the linked version with all the
ads.  Or on certain sites with obnoxious javascript that won't work
with javascript disabled, I want to strip out the particularly
obnoxious pop-ups.

I could write such a thing from scratch but figure it would be easier
if there's already a proxy that I can customize.

Thanks for any pointers.

Paul