Guido wins FSF Award

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sun Feb 17 23:06:16 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com>

> Complete re-posts smell like spam.
>
> I have no doubt that your nine steps can be super-imposed on everything.
> However, as long as the deep magic involved in converting these steps
> into things people want done is kept as magic, let Aahz's quote reign:
>
> "This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
> intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py

Indeed.  Like many from Missouri, I am a true believer in our state motto:

"Show me"

The nine commands (which we are told are not a language, but rather physics,
and therefore science) are not exactly backed up by much research, proof,
etc.

Many on this list ARE scientists, and would be willing to consider any
proper scientific evidence and/or well-formed theory.

I'm not a scientist, but I worked with them before.  Knew one who created
a 3D chess game which had ten each 10x10 Lucite boards, stacked; with the
attached base, the whole thing was 5 feet tall and beautiful.  He sculpted
the pieces (10 pawns and 10 special pieces per side, including two "Dukes"
added) from fist-sized chunks of plastic.  The rules were based on particle
motion dynamics taken from quantum physics; and perhaps ten people in the
whole world could understand the rules.

Probably could sell it now over the Internet (are you there, Capt. Goff?)

SO, what I am saying is, I've seen science before, and know it when I see
it.  Haven't seen any in Rue's posts.