Fear of autocoding! >Re: Please stop responding to Rue

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 14:33:50 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:29:49 GMT
(Five Fresh) Fish wrote:

> Perhaps one metric is to count the number of people who are telling you,
> bluntly, that you're a loon.  It just could be that they're right.  :-)
>
> (The delusional folk, of course, won't recognize that they're being
called
> a loon...)

What people accept as "reality" is often simply a consensus.  The flip-side
of this though, is that most of the great ideas of the past have been from
people who broke with this consensus (and by extension "reality").

"The reasonable man adapts to the world around him. The unreasonable man
expects the world to adapt to him. Therefore, all progress is made by
unreasonable men."
-- George Bernard Shaw

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan