[Tutor] Working with Email question [new 'email' module in Python 2.2]

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 20:17:04 EST 2002

[Sheila King]
> There are other problems with the email module as well.

Sheila, if you belive there's a bug, you should open a bug report.  No bug
gets fixed by arguing on a mailing list, and I can pretty much guarantee
that the email package's author isn't going to see anything said about it
unless he reads it in a bug report.

A bug report doesn't need a lot of argument unless it proves to be
controversial; but since you haven't yet gotten this to the author's
attention, you can't yet know whether Barry will love or hate the complaint.
It doesn't really matter what Oleg or I may think:  we're not the experts
for this package.

> I hope this doesn't sound like sniping or whining.

Ditto:

> But I believe that my complaints are valid, and that these are problems
> that need to be corrected in the email module.

Without a bug report, nothing will change.  I often open one for a poster
when a posted behavior is obviously a bug, or when the poster seems unable
to articulate their case clearly.  This one doesn't fit either case, so I'm
leaving it to you:

    http://sf.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470

Barry may or may not agree it's a bug, but-- honest --he doesn't bite,
except on Thursdays <wink>.