Deitel and Deitel Book...

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Feb 28 10:56:41 EST 2002

In article <3C7D8DCA.119D52EC at earthlink.net>,
Ron Stephens  <rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:
>Sorry but I can't wait to give a brief "preview review" of the new
>Deitel and Deitel book, "Python How to Program" (I also posted this at
>my website at http://www.awaretek.com/plf.html ).
I like your enthusiasm and generosity.  Keep up the good work.

My own reaction to *Python How to Program* is more reserved
(and I was one of the tech reviewers of the book).  While it
does, indeed, have several strengths, it's not flawless.  In
particular, the last draft I saw gave Win* programmers an
inadequate sense of both Python's capabilities and good style.

I'll withhold more specific comment until I see the book as
it appears on store shelves.  I can add, though, that the
Deitels have always been thoroughly courteous and professional
with me, even through technical disagreements.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net