Editors for Python

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Mon Feb 25 13:07:08 EST 2002

Moray Taylor wrote:
> I am desperatly seeking a good python editor,
[snip]
> I have only two requirements for my editor, syntax coloring, and a
> Class/function list.

I personnaly use NEdit (http://www.nedit.org), that has syntax colouring,
is quite fast, but has no class/function list. However, it's highly
customizable and can call external commands from macros. I already used
this feature to display a list of functions & class/methods in the current
file, and another macro allowed to jump to it. If anyone's interested, I
can provide these customizations (just a couple of NEdit macros and a
Python script).
HTH
 - eric -