distutils, C extensions, Borland compiler, wxPython

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 5 16:23:46 EST 2002

Gerhard Häring:

> I think I have heard something to the effect, that on Windows, DLLs
> can't link back to .EXEs, only to other DLLs.

   No, DLLs can link back to EXEs although you may have to force (link
/force) the link to complete and/or link the DLL again after linking the
EXE. I used to work on a large project, Fujitsu's IntelligentPad that was
built this way. Mostly it didn't matter as you had old versions of the EXE
and DLL to link against but the initial bootstrap was messy.

   Neil