PyQT - Eric the Debugger?

xtian xtian at toysinabag.com
Mon Feb 4 03:43:21 EST 2002

I was quite keen to try out the debugger supposedly included in the
PyQT distribution. So I downloaded and installed it (Windows binary
install), but it wasn't there. After a bit of Googling I found a CVS
archive for it, and downloaded the debugger files separately. But when
I run eric.py, I get an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eric.py", line 13, in ?
    from DebugServer import DebugServer
  File "DebugServer.py", line 7, in ?
    from qt import SIGNAL, PYSIGNAL, QServerSocket, QSocket
ImportError: cannot import name QServerSocket

(Python 2.1.1, Win98)

QServerSocket doesn't appear in the docs I have, and it's not in any
of the Qt modules (at least, not the ones I installed). The examples
work, so I'm reasonably sure the Qt installation's fine.

Anyone know about this? It's not really that important, I'm just
curious as to what I've done wrong.

Thanks,
Xtian