win32 Zope 2.5.0 vs python2.1&win32all

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Feb 14 08:16:37 EST 2002

Robin Becker wrote:

> I am having bad problems with zope not starting up properly. I think
> this is caused by having Python-2.1.2 + win32all installed. It seems
> that paths set up in the registry by win32all are getting into sys.path
> when zope runs. This is causing massive confusion between modules
> installed in the base python and those I wish to test with zope.

I have several versions of Zope and Python + win32all installed and has
never had any problems.

Are you starting zope via your own script or via z2.py ??

I have a "zope243.bat" on my desktop for starting Zope:

C:\zope\zope243\bin\python.exe C:\zope\zope243\z2.py -D -P 8000

Then I am shure that it gets started with the correct Python version and
libraries. And I can easily run it in debug mode. Which is a bit harder
than starting it as a service. Well usually I install it as a sevice and
then disable it. That way I can easily switch between development and
production.

And if I want to run more than one server at a time i have another bat
file ie:

"zope250.bat"

C:\zope\zope25\bin\python.exe C:\zope\zope25\z2.py -D -P 8001

So that version runs on another port.

All pretty painless.

regards Max M