[OT] PPT reader?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Feb 8 10:25:38 EST 2002

Guido posted a bunch of talk slides to the Python website in PowerPoint
format.  I understand his reasons for not creating HTML versions (mostly
because the HTML generated by PPT sucks).  Still, that leaves people without
access to PPT sort of out in the cold.  What non-MS tools are out there
(open source or otherwise) for reading, displaying or converting PPT slides
to other, more accessible, formats?  If we can get a reasonable (but fairly
short) list of tools, I can probably see they get referenced on the relevant
page of the Python website.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)